3. NO LIABILITY FOR UNAUTHORISED DISCLOSURE While Umuziwabantu will do all things reasonably necessary to protect the User’s rights of privacy whilst on the Umuziwabantu website, the Umuziwabantu cannot accept any liability whatsoever for unauthorised or unlawful disclosure of the User’s personal and confidential information made by third parties who are not subject to Umuziwabantu control.
6. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION Umuziwabantu collects personal information where such personal information is necessary for the purposes mentioned in clause 4 and more generally, to provide a particular Service. In addition, Umuziwabantu also collects personal information (i) where a User subscribes for the Corporate GIS newsletter, (ii) for purposes of improving its Service offering, (iii) for purposes of increasing Service efficiency, (iv) for purposes of communicating with Users, (v) providing the Services to Users, (vi) authenticating a User, (vii) providing a User with access to restricted pages on the Website and (viii) compiling non-personal statistical information about browsing habits, click patterns and access to the Website.
7. COOKIES Umuziwabantu uses cookie technology which comprises tiny pieces of data or a small text file that is stored on a User’s computer hard drive and which contains information about a User, so that the next time a User visits the Website, the cookie reminds Umuziwabantu of who the User is, enabling Umuziwabantu to achieve its goal of providing a valuable online experience to all Users. A User is able to however, disable this cookie technology in its own Internet browser.
8. CUSTOMER DATA The User Data collected by Umuziwabantu is used solely in connection with granting Users access to the Website and for purposes of monitoring the User’s use of the Website so as to limit or prevent breaches of security.
9. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION Umuziwabantu will not disclose any personal information it collects to any third party without the User’s consent, other than to credit bureaus [correct?] and to other organisations where Umuziwabantu is required to do so by law. Umuziwabantu will also provide personal information to law enforcement authorities in response to subpoenas and other lawful requests where Umuziwabantu believe that the disclosure of such personal information is necessary to identify, contact or institute legal proceedings against third parties who jeopardise the provision and rendering of the Services by Umuziwabantu.
10. RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION All personal information is stored on Umuziwabantu registration database until such time as the User elects to de-register itself from the Services. As such, all personal information will only be retained for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purposes mentioned in clauses 4 and 6 above.
11. ACCURATE AND UP TO DATE Umuziwabantu will use its best endeavours to keep the personal information it collects as accurate, complete and up to date as is necessary for the purposes mentioned in clause 4 and 6 above, and Umuziwabantu shall, from time to time, request the User to update its personal information on the Website. Users are able to review or update any personally identifiable information that Umuziwabantu holds on the User by accessing its account online or by e-mailing or phoning Umuziwabantu. In order to better protect Users and safeguard personal information, Umuziwabantu does take steps to verify a User’s identity before granting access to its account or making any corrections to its personal information. As part of its routine maintenance, Umuziwabantu removes undelivered e-mail addresses from its database after a period of three months.
12. SECURITY Umuziwabantu uses encryption, firewalls and other security technology and procedures to help protect the confidentiality of personal information and prevent unauthorized access or improper use thereof. All personal information will be stored and securely hosted and located in a secure environment.